Manama: His Royal Highness Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa, the Crown Prince and Prime Minister, today chaired the weekly Cabinet meeting, held remotely.
The Cabinet began by directing Government agencies to adopt best practices for investment promotion and facilitation in order to stimulate economic growth and cement the Kingdom’s position as the launchpad for the region’s interconnected market.
The Cabinet congratulated the Government of the State of Kuwait and its people on the occasion of its 60th National Day and 30th Liberation Day.The Cabinet discussed a number of memorandums during the meeting, and outlined the following outcomes:
Firstly: The approval of the following memorandums:
1. A memorandum from the Ministerial Committee for *Financial and Economic Affairs and Fiscal Balance* on initiatives to enhance the efficiency and quality of government service delivery.
2. A memorandum from the Minister of Transportation and Telecommunications on raising the minimum threshold to rent vehicles to 6 years from the date of manufacture instead of the current 5 years, a onetime measure in order to support car rental companies.
3. A memorandum of the Ministerial Committee for Legal and Legislative Affairs regarding the government’s responses to 4 proposals submitted by the Council of Representatives.
Secondly: The Cabinet reviewed the following topics:
1. A memorandum by the Minister of Cabinet Affairs regarding the percentage of completion of projects as part of the Government Action plan (2019-2022), which showed that the overall completion rate for project implementation reached 74% on average.
2. A joint memorandum from HE the Minister of Cabinet Affairs and HE the Minister of Housing regarding national reports on progress made in implementing the new urban plan for the United Nations Human Settlements Program.