Manama: The National Medical Taskforce for Combatting the Coronavirus (COVID-19) held a meeting to review the latest COVID-19 developments, including the latest increase in active cases, and efforts to mitigate the spread of the virus.
In response to recommendations made by the Taskforce, the following decisions were made, to be implemented from 21 February to Saturday 14 March:
• All government entities and institutions to allow a maximum of 70% of employees to work from home
• Temporary suspension of in person learning across all nurseries, public and private schools as well as higher education institutes and universities
• Temporary suspension of in person activities at government rehabilitation centres affiliated with the Ministry of Labour and Social Development
• Temporary suspension of in person activities at nurseries and private training institutes licensed by the Ministry of Labour and Social Development
• Temporary closure of in-door gyms, sports halls and swimming pools, including all indoor exercise classes
• Outdoor exercise as part of gyms and sports halls, including exercise classes, may continue with a maximum of 30 participants
• Temporarily limit dining services to outdoors
• Any social event or gathering in a private residence or other private space with more than 30 participants is strictly prohibited
These restrictions exclude schools and institutions catering, for individuals with special needs, for medical students, as well as teachers, principals and all other educational administrative staff.
The Taskforce noted that relevant decisions on sector activities will be reviewed periodically according to the latest COVID-19 developments and statistics, in order to ensure the health and safety of all.
The Taskforce noted that a strong and unified commitment to precautionary measures will keep the community safe and reduce the spread of COVID-19.